Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday 6/17/10 2:46 PM
Calling all Soul Sisters and Mister Misters out there catch the Grammy-award winning rock group Train at Alabang Town Center Activity Center on June 18, 2010 Friday as they sing their phenomenally successful song Hey Soul Sister and other tunes from Train’s 5th album Save Me San Francisco. Manila Concert Scene engaged the band in a little chit-chat at the Bellevue hotel this afternoon as Train talked about why they dedicated their latest album to San Francisco, the band’s evolution through the years and what inspired then to write the Grammy Award winning album Drops Of Jupiter. Though visibly tired from their latest gig in Japan (Pat asked for coffee after the media interviews) the band is definitely happy to be in Manila and raring to share their live music to their Pinoy fans.
“The people here in the Philippines are so nice and upbeat and happy, it’s different but it’s so incredible it’s a beautiful first trip to Asia,” enthused lead singer Patrick Monahan. Train guitarist Jimmy Stafford talks about the love Train has for San Francisco, “Well, we started in San Francisco 16 years ago and we all lived there and we all moved away, went on the road for years, made records and kind of lost touch with our roots a little bit, took a few years off, we wanted to get back to what we enjoyed about this band in the beginning, stripped down to the original members and get back to making music because we loved playing music and being in this band so we kind of lost that. We didn’t try to emulate the first record as a band; we just got happy again,”
Train’s songs are filled with quirky yet sentimental visuals (untrimmed chest, anyone?) and Patrick clues is in on this trademark, “You know, I think it’s almost to make fun of things. It’s almost like to see how far you can take comedy, it’s like the most dramatic movies in the world have really funny moments and the best comedies have dramatic moments,” while drummer Scott Underwood explains the 70s and 80s pop references on Save Me San Francisco, “I think the whole album is about the 70s and 80s like with Sonny and Cher singing “I got you babe,” it’s like funny to mention those moments and someone will go oh, I know what you meant,”. The band gets a little bit serious as they talk about the inspiration behind the Grammy-winning song Drops Of Jupiter, “It was more like my mom who passed away dedicated the album to me, I woke up from a dream with my song and it was like she said, here’s what it’s like out here,” shares Patrick.
Train in Manila is also made possible by Myx, The Philippine Star, Jam 88.3,The Bellevue Hotel, Music Management International and Manila Concert Scene. Keep on visiting Manila Concert Scene and be updated on the latest concerts and hippest events in and around the Metro. ‘Till the next concert!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Eli, Kiseop, Kibum, Alexander, Dong Ho, SooHyun and Kevin also known as U-Kiss staged their first major concert here in Manila. PEP(or Premiere Entertainment Philippines inc) brought the group for the first time last March 2010 and promised to bring again the group here in Manila to held their major concert in the history of the group. They also here to promote their album entitled Only One. After their concert here in Manila, the group will be heading to Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan. Here’s the happenings from their first Manila concert held at the Araneta Coliseum:
* Show was started by 8pm. 1st song: Man Man Ha Ni
* 2nd song: Talk To Me
* =They introduced themselves to the fans at the venue=
* 3rd song: I Like You
* 4th song: Not Young
* 5th song: Bingeul Bingeul
* =Video Interlude: Feat. Kevin Woo=
* 6th song: Finally(Kevin’s solo)
* 7th song: Because of You by Keith Martin(SooHyun solo)
* 8th song: Because of You by Neyo(Dong Ho and Soo Hyun only)
* =Solo dance by SooHyun=
* =Eli, Kiseop and Kibum wearing animal pajama to the tune of Stupid Cupid=
* 9th song: Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake(Eli, Kiseop and Kibum only). They go topless at the end of the song
* 10th song: Pump It by Black Eyed Peas(Alexander solo)
* 11th song: Bebot by Black Eyed Peas(Alexander and Eli only). YES they sang the song even in tagalog
* =Video Interlude: featuring some KPOP girl group=
* 12th Song: Kibum, Eli and Soo Hyun performed Abracadabra(from Brown Eyed Peas) and Nobody(from The Wondergirls) meanwhile Kevin, Kiseop, Alexander and Dong Ho performed Gee(from SNSD)
* =Intermission song number from a girl group called PYT=
* 13th song: Give It To Me
* 14th song: Mworago
* =Fan service time=
* =Kibum and Kiseop flashed their abs=
* =Dong Ho danced to the tune of Oh(from SNSD). Also, Kevin and Alexander was dancing to the tune of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
* 15th song: As Long As You Love Me by Backstreet Boys(without Kiseop)
* 16th song: End Of The Road by Boyz II Men. Baby pictures of them was flashed on the screen and Kevin cried during the song
* 17th song: OK!
* 18th song: Without You
* Last song(their 19t and 20th song: Man Man Ha Ni and Bingeul Bingeul MEDLEY
* Concert was ended exactly 10:13pm
Over 7000+ fans packed the Araneta Coliseum. Another successful concert coming from PEP Inc. You can share your U-Kiss LIVE in Manila concert experience here at MCS! Visit: www.manilaconcertscene.tumblr.com/submit for details
See you at the next coverage: Train LIVE in Manila this June 18,2010 at Alabang Town Center also Toycon this June 19-20,2010 @ SM MegaTrade Hall 2-3
**If there’s a correction, just let us know about it. Thanks**
Saturday, June 5, 2010
- What is your favourite song by Air Supply and why?
- Name the two members of Air Supply
- Why should we pick you?
Contest period is from June 06 to June 20, 2010
Winners will be posted on June 21, 2010